Monday, February 23, 2015

Wear to Work: Shirt Dress





Continuing with my "Wear to Work" series, I am featuring a shirt dress! This look is so easy, comfortable, and universally stylish. I chose a classic navy dress and paired it with nude pumps and a Tory Burch bag.

Let me tell you about these pumps though... oh my goodness! Expect them in a LOT of upcoming posts. I had a vision- a pair of patent nude (on me) pumps with a pointy toe, but it HAD to be comfortable. I was walking around Nordstrom with my best friend, and I swear these looked so perfect on the pedestal. These shoes are a dream... I want to buy the same pump in ALL the colors!

Meanwhile, Lent is in full swing, and I've given up clothes shopping ("UHHH... but you run a fashion blog?", they say). And the answer is yes. I'm considering this a "Love My Closet" opportunity to continue to highlight some of the great clothes I already own. I plan to donate a lot of my clothes during Lent as well. Not buying clothes isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. ALSO.. I'm not eating meat on Fridays and that's been a lot tougher. Any of you giving up anything for Lent? Let me know!

SHOP MY LOOK:

xo ek

14 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! I also love the things you're going for Lent. Great blog! I'm following and would love to hear from you soon.
    xo, Lauren-lee
    www.laurenleegrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the work outfits keep them coming !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the heeels!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shopping is such a great thing to give up for lent, I might do that too! I think working with what we already have lets us make more creative choices! As for your shirt dress, it's classy, trendy and you look perfect :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! That color suits you very well. xx

    TOPCOAT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving shirt dresses at the moment. You look great!

    Jenn from jenniferjayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress! Love how you paired it with the nudes :)

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Just stunning! I really love your blog! It's so inspiring!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m in love with your blog! It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    p.s. new post - how I met Victoria Beckham http://www.dianacloudlet.com/2015/02/victoria-beckham-zip-pouch-met-victoria-beckham.html

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice that you're donating some of your clothes over Lent, I often do the same with my old clothing! You look really lovely and I love how you've styled the navy dress with the nude patent heels :)

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Online websites to buy cheap, cute dresses? :)?
    work dresses for women

    ReplyDelete